Update Proxmox Cluster file system wiki

hpcraith

Renowned Member
Mar 8, 2013
Stuttgart Germany
www.hlrs.de
This wiki is outdated for version 4.2 as the filenames have changed.
cluster.conf has changed to corosync.conf
Also if You stop the cluster file system local mode and try to start the service pve-cluster
it does not work. The /var/lib/pve-cluster/.pmxcfs.lockfile has not been removed.
Also with the 4.2 kernel uses systemd and the service have to be started preferably with "systemctl".

Is it possible to adjust the wiki.

pvecm status should also print the cluster name. It is in corosync.conf So why not list it.

It's a wiki, so please create an account and change it yourself.

In princple You are right. Unfortunately I have very limited time to deliver excellent work. There are so many wikies that
are worse and not at all usefull. All my servers have community support subscription, which I asumed sufficient for
a super computer center (www.hlrs.de). I think it is the task of the developers to supply sufficient documentation which
may be enhanced by the experience of the forum members.
I also would encourage to change the subscription plan adding the possibility to by a single ticket on a specific issue.
To make it easy for me, I could change to the universities VMWARE environment. I prefer to support projects like
Proxmox even it is sometimes painfull.

Rgds
Dieter

It's a wiki, so please create an account and change it yourself.
+1

I think it is the task of the developers to supply sufficient documentation which
may be enhanced by the experience of the forum members.

That's the reason man pages and our pve-docs package exists and are up to date...
Code:
man pmxcfs

The task of the developers is to develop :) updating the documentation on the go has also do be done, but the wiki is not a documentation of the code itself, its a wiki and the principle of a wiki is that it can and should be edited by anyone, especially if he spots a possible enhancement and so the community is encouraged to do so.

Changing the problems there or making a post about them here costs about the same time, so frankly I see no reason why anyone couldn't have done that instead of "complaining" here...

That said, thanks for bringing attention to it, I fixed it, not perfect but more actual :)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!