Update Problems

dank

Nov 18, 2011
Hi, I updated my Proxmox 2.0 Cluster today partially (2 of 5 nodes) and I got a lot of problems within the gui.

- An updated node sees only itself as online, not updated nodes doesn't see the upgraded nodes as available but not the updated nodes
- Updated nodes shows ALL vms as offline, even though they are running
- Show vm information results in an "data load error" on the upgraded nodes.
At the moment the gui is not really usable. A downgrade of the updated packages doesn't solve the problem. It's also no caching problem of my browser. Any help? Or need I a fresh installation? Regards

New Node: pve-manager 2.0-10
Old Node: pve-manager 2.0-7

make sure that all services are running (e.g cman), all nodes must have the same software version.

check the cluster state via cli, do you have quorum?

make sure that all services are running (e.g cman), all nodes must have the same software version. check the cluster state via cli, do you have quorum?
Updating all machines solved the problems. Thank you.

One machine has already problems with cman. After a reboot, the node is marked as offline within the cluster. The node is just online after a manuel start of cman. Starting cman results in the folling error:

Joining fence domain... fence_tool: fenced not running, no lockfile [FAILED]

one of the next updates will do improvements here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!