update cluster ISCSI from 1.9 to 2.1

copymaster

Nov 25, 2009
Dear Members!

A question, for which i can't get an answer is the following:

I use a cluster, 4 nodes with an ISCSI server. on ISCSI i have a LVM volume and all 24 virtual machines reside on that ISCSI Server.
Each node has the Target connected.

Now i a am in the need to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1.

When i just reinstall all clusternodes with proxmox 2.1 and reconfigure ISCSI, how am i able to use the virtual machines on ISCSI?

Do i just need to backup the config files from qemu-server directory and edit them to fit the new needs?

if possible, i don't want to completely remove all machines and restore them from backup...

Any ideas?

Do i just need to backup the config files from qemu-server directory and edit them to fit the new needs?

Yes, that should work. But I suggest that you test that with a few example VMs. And be careful when you access iSCSI from 1.9 and 2.1 nodes, because locking does not work when accessing from different clusters (or simply avoid that situation).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!