[SOLVED] Update CentOS 7.5.1804

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Networking and Firewall' started by hazoi77, May 11, 2018.

1. hazoi77

hazoi77 New Member

After the last update of today in Centos 7.5, the virtual machines hosted in Proxmox 3.4 have lost the network and only lift 3 processes, so they remain 100% inaccessible.

In addition to Proxmox 3.4 I have virtualizations with Proxmox 5 (I do not know if this version happens) and OpenVZ7, which has also happened but there is already a solution.

In the OpenVZ7 forum the solution is posted by me. (I can not put the link for being a new user.)

Is any solution known in Proxmox 3.4 for this problem?

Indicate that recovering a backup of the directories / etc / and / usr / the problem is solved but it is not detected which package is the one that fixes the problem.

Thank you!

2. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

PVE 3.4 is EOL since February 2017, so you will not get a fix for OpenVZ here. Please update to a supported version.

3. hazoi77

hazoi77 New Member

Yes, I agree and that is what I am doing but I have more than 100 virtual machines in which I could have this error, there will be no solution?

4. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

You talk about virtual machines or about OpenVZ containers?

5. hazoi77

hazoi77 New Member

sorry, I talk about containers.

6. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

I suggest you test the migration from OpenVZ to LXC.

7. hazoi77

hazoi77 New Member

I get it! But, as I said before, I currently have many containers in Proxmox 3.4 that I will update little by little but it would be ideal to have a solution to the problem presented.

8. hazoi77

hazoi77 New Member

Good, problem solved and I hope it serves someone. On 2 servers it had an old kernel and only updating the kernel to the latest stable version of Proxmox 3.4 has solved the problem

9. LnxBil

LnxBil Well-Known Member

Glad that you solved your problem and reported back what helped in your case!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice