[SOLVED] Understanding Subscription Updates

Apr 26, 2018
We have a single subscription now for several weeks. I have not seen any updates from the enterprise repo, but have seen some on the non-enterprise repo.

Since I have not seen updates with the subscription, I want to verify there actually have not been any updates.

I presume the enterprise repo moves more slowly than the non-enterprise repo and updates are less frequent, but what kind of time lag can I expect to see between the two repos?

Mostly I am concerned about security. For example, if I see a kernel update in the non-enterprise repo, which usually is security related, about how long before that update migrates to the enterprise repo?

Side note, curiously I have not seen any Debian security updates either since activating the subscription.

Thanks again. :)

Hi,

the last updates on the enterprise repository where made on 27-Jun-2018.

I presume the enterprise repo moves more slowly than the non-enterprise repo and updates are less frequent,
Yes, this is true.

which usually is security related, about how long before that update migrates to the enterprise repo?
This depends on the content of the updates, and there is no general rule for it.

Send the output of apt update to verify all repos are correct.

Send the output of apt update to verify all repos are correct.
There are no error messages and nothing is awry. Mostly I am concerned about PVE security patches.

An update for libcups2 came through today, but that is a Debian update and not PVE.

What is the latest kernel version for the enterprise repo?

Can the enterprise repo be browsed manually? While I expect public browsing not possible, I did not see anything obvious through the web interface.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!