[SOLVED] Understanding Subscription Updates

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by upnort, Jul 11, 2018.

1. upnort

upnort Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

We have a single subscription now for several weeks. I have not seen any updates from the enterprise repo, but have seen some on the non-enterprise repo.

Since I have not seen updates with the subscription, I want to verify there actually have not been any updates.

I presume the enterprise repo moves more slowly than the non-enterprise repo and updates are less frequent, but what kind of time lag can I expect to see between the two repos?

Mostly I am concerned about security. For example, if I see a kernel update in the non-enterprise repo, which usually is security related, about how long before that update migrates to the enterprise repo?

Side note, curiously I have not seen any Debian security updates either since activating the subscription.

Thanks again. :)

2. wolfgang

wolfgang Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Hi,

the last updates on the enterprise repository where made on 27-Jun-2018.

Yes, this is true.

This depends on the content of the updates, and there is no general rule for it.

Send the output of apt update to verify all repos are correct.

3. upnort

upnort Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

There are no error messages and nothing is awry. Mostly I am concerned about PVE security patches.

An update for libcups2 came through today, but that is a Debian update and not PVE.

What is the latest kernel version for the enterprise repo?

Can the enterprise repo be browsed manually? While I expect public browsing not possible, I did not see anything obvious through the web interface.

4. wolfgang

wolfgang Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

5. upnort

upnort Member
    Proxmox VE Subscriber

Thank you! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice