[SOLVED] Unable to VPN into VM

stefan.p

Jan 19, 2020
Hi there,

I've been trying and researching this now for a good month and finally need some help.
So, I've setup proxmox 6.1 and have 5 VM's, this server will be used in a small office environment.
I have
VM1 pfSense as firewall/gateway (not working) .
VM2 Zentyal as Domain Controller (working)
VM3 freeNAS as fileserver (working)
VM4 Ubuntu Server as APP server OpenVPN/Guacamole Server (partially working but unable to connect VIA VPN)
VM5 Generic Windows 10 for Active Directory administration (working)

I've looked at the guide and forums and can't seem to find the answer.
Could some help or guide me through the process of properly setting up VPN connection either with pfSense or the Ubuntu VM please.

Additional info.

I have 3 NIC's available
NIC one dedicated for Proxmox management and the other 2 were planned to be used with pfSense but i failed to get a public IP from my router and connect to the internet, and therefore am unable to setup OpenVPN server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I turned off Hardware Checksum Offloading i've read that in the pfSense manual but still no luck.
My setup is as follows.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 1.11.15 PM.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!