Unable to start proxmox

Apr 20, 2021
Hello,

I installed proxmox on my server dell poweredge r740, but after installation proxmox goes directly to emergency mode

here is some errors i found while investigating the jornald logs

Oct 16 13:54:25 pve kernel: blk_update_request: protection error, dev sda, sector 2048 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 1 prio class 0
Oct 16 13:54:25 pve kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sda, logical block 512, async page read
Oct 16 13:54:25 pve kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sda, logical block 513, async page read

I hope you guys can help me, i have attached the logs file

Attachments

• journalctl.txt
    191.2 KB · Views: 1
Buffer I/O error on dev sda ---> physical disk error
any chance to fix errors or i have to order/buy a new one, i have 2 DELL hdds - 300GB and 2tb both have the same issue...
i just got this server like 2 days from my company and i got a task to setup proxmox on it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!