Unable to change the NIC network online in KVM machine.

N

Nix

Hi,

I have one Proxmox-VE 2.0 (my proxmox-ve test environment) with two NICs and I have two different Network subnets with DHCP enabled on both network.

e.g.
vmbr0 = 192.168.1.0
vmbr1 = 10.0.0.0

I have installed one KVM machine with CentOS and vmbr0.
After installation, I have set the vmbr1 instead of vmbr0 while machine was started already on vmbr0.
And I have restarted the network service within CentOS. but I am still getting the vmbr0 network on it.

For getting new changes work to VM, I have to shutdown/stop and then start the VM.

Is there any solution on this, how I can reflect the NIC changes to online VM.

Thanks,
Nix.

Hi All,

Any updates on this, can I change the vmbrX to online VM (vm running under ProxMox KVM)
For changing vmbrX on any VM, I have to shutdown the VM. As this online change can happen in other Hypervisor software.

--
Nix.

For changing vmbrX on any VM, I have to shutdown the VM. As this online change can happen in other Hypervisor software.

We do not support network hotplug currently, so you need to shutdown the vm.

Is this a feature that you plan to implement? It would be very useful and I think many users would really have use of it.

Is this a feature that you plan to implement? It would be very useful and I think many users would really have use of it.

Network hotplug is already implemented, but not activated by default (experimental feature).

Network hotplug is already implemented, but not activated by default (experimental feature).

Thank you for your quick reply! Is it experimental upstream or in proxmox? Do you have a roadmap for when it might be implemented?

Best regards Jon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!