[SOLVED] Trying to GPU passthrough but no iommu_groups

derp

May 30, 2017
Hi,

I'm trying to GPU passthrough.
My config is : Ryzen 1800x, Asus prime x370-pro and a GTX 1060 3GB (with another card for the host).
I enabled virtualization in BIOS, i put GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet amd_iommu=on" i /etc/default/grub and did update-grub.
My problem is when starting a VM i get the error : Cannot open iommu_group: No such file or directory
Also the command find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l returns nothing.
And dmesg | grep AMD-Vi returns :

[ 0.036655] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: IOAPIC[17] not in IVRS table
[ 0.036657] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: IOAPIC[18] not in IVRS table
[ 0.036658] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: No southbridge IOAPIC found
[ 0.036659] AMD-Vi: Disabling interrupt remapping
[ 0.671054] AMD-Vi: Lazy IO/TLB flushing enabled

So does my hardware just not support iommu ? I was thinking maybe i should update my BIOS ?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to GPU passthrough.
My config is : Ryzen 1800x, Asus prime x370-pro and a GTX 1060 3GB (with another card for the host).
I enabled virtualization in BIOS, i put GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet amd_iommu=on" i /etc/default/grub and did update-grub.
My problem is when starting a VM i get the error : Cannot open iommu_group: No such file or directory
Also the command find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l returns nothing.
And dmesg | grep AMD-Vi returns :

[ 0.036655] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: IOAPIC[17] not in IVRS table
[ 0.036657] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: IOAPIC[18] not in IVRS table
[ 0.036658] [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: No southbridge IOAPIC found
[ 0.036659] AMD-Vi: Disabling interrupt remapping
[ 0.671054] AMD-Vi: Lazy IO/TLB flushing enabled

So does my hardware just not support iommu ? I was thinking maybe i should update my BIOS ?

Thanks

it looks like IOMMU is still disabled in your BIOS.
go in the bios under CPU Configuration and search for IOMMU and enable it.

Refering to the manual of your mainboard it is capable of it http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...10.1410461811.1496260894-650261121.1496260894 (quicksearch for IOMMU)

Thanks guys, indeed there was an IOMMU setting in the BIOS under and AMD CBS section which was disabled.

Thanks guys, indeed there was an IOMMU setting in the BIOS under and AMD CBS section which was disabled.

Hello, I was interested in building a system using the Ryzen processor and wondering if you were able to get GPU passthrough to a VM to work? If so, did you have to apply the ACS kernel patch so IOMMU grouping would work properly?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!