trouble with 10g eth via ixgbe

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Networking and Firewall' started by Sebastian Kiel, Jul 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sebastian Kiel

Sebastian Kiel New Member

hi,

i have 3 identical servers with integrated dual 10g sfp+ eth and dual 1g eth
    [Supermicro X10SDV-2C-TP8F]
    - the 1g nics are connected to redundant switches (frontend)
    - the 10g nics are connected direct (backend ceph)
    I tryed the configuration, shown in the video, but after restarting the nodes the network is broken
    [https://www.proxmox.com/de/training/video-tutorials/item/install-ceph-server-on-proxmox-ve]
    Just doing the steps [01:30 - 02:35], bonding only the 2 10g nics and restart the node results to the same problem.
    And even just setting up a static ip on one 10g nic cuts back all others nics on that server.
    As a result no incomming or outgoing connections on any nic are possible.
    ---
    Installation with the 5.2.1 iso and successfully updated via apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
    I found out, that the ixgbe driver [5.1.0-k] is a little older than the igb [5.3.5.18] version, but i'm not experienced enough to compile it into the kernel. (error: code model kernel does not support PIC mode)
    Using ’ixgbe allow_unsupported_sfp=1’ or ’ixgbe allow_unsupported_sfp=1,1’ doesn't fix the problem, too.

2. Sebastian Kiel

Sebastian Kiel New Member

problem solved, after using a different subnet for 10g.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice