[SOLVED] Trouble Removing 'local' Storage ID

temp356356

Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

I'm trying to reorganize my storage, but I'm having trouble removing the 'local' storage ID.

I've tried removing the logical volume via lvremove and pvesm remove, yet it keeps appearing in the web interface and pvesm status. A reboot didn't do the job neither.

df -h:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 974M 0 974M 0% /dev
tmpfs 198M 6.5M 192M 4% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root 4.7G 1.8G 2.7G 40% /
tmpfs 990M 40M 951M 5% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 990M 0 990M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/fuse 30M 16K 30M 1% /etc/pve
tmpfs 198M 0 198M 0% /run/user/0

lvs:
LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Meta% Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
root pve -wi-ao---- 4.75g
swap pve -wi-ao---- 2.38g

Proxmox Virtual Enviroment 5.0-30

Is it actually possible to remove this logical volume?

Thanks in advance.

you cannot remove the local storage definition, but you can disable it in the webinterface

Ah, it seems it's part of the root filesystem, therefore I can't remove it... I guess pvesm set local --disable 1 will be my only option then.

Thanks for clearing that up!

What happens to the space it takes up from the drive? Does it go towards local-lvm ?

I'm trying to assign as much of the storage on the disk as possible to local-lvm, I don't need the local. Any ideas?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!