Tracking Center not in sync

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: HA Cluster' started by Thomas Hukkelberg, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Thomas Hukkelberg

Thomas Hukkelberg New Member

A couple weeks ago I sat up a PMG cluster with 3 nodes. It works fine now, after having some initial problems syncing the database to the third node. I solved that by logging in to postgresql with psql and deleted entries from the cstatic-table. (The log complained about duplicate entries.) Then the sync between the nodes started working and errors in the logs went away. (To get into postgresql, I had to edit pg_hba.conf to trust localhost logons without password and reload postgresql)

Problem now is that the Tracking Center and Queue is not in sync across the nodes. Are they supposed to be in sync? Can't find any information about that in the manual or here in the forums. All nodes can ssh to each other and there is no errors in the logs. Also the all settings and Quarantine is synced, so apparently everything is working -- except Tracking Center and Queues...

I wonder where Tracking Center is getting it's info from? I guess it's a combination of database and log files. I believe the database contains all entries from all nodes, but the syslog only show local logs. Should the syslog be synced between the nodes with rsyslog? Can anyone enlighten me?

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

No. The tracking center search local files /var/log/syslog*, so that is not supposed to be in sync.

3. Thomas Hukkelberg

OK, I see. Will it be possible to set up an additional node for proxmox that receive syslogs vi arsyslog from all nodes. Will the resulting syslog be searchable by pmg-log-tracker?

4. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

No, that is currently not possible.

5. Thomas Hukkelberg

Um ok -- but I actually did set up an additional node yesterday -- and it works like a charm! Now we have all logs collected at one host that we use for tracking! Don't see why this is not done by PMG by default?

6. Dragnell

Dragnell New Member

That look useful, i was until now believing that the tracking center was in sync across nodes, did you leave a how to behind ? Does still works for you ?