Timeout when creating qcow on NFS storage

JustaGuy

Renowned Member
Jan 1, 2010
I have an NFS share from a Windows box on my PVE box, currently with backups & iso's. Today I tried to add an export to add virtual disk functionality over NFS. I can create RAW disks fine, but if I try to create a .qcow, it times out each & every time, no matter what I do. The network isn't saturated, but it's not gigabit either. See attachment for error screenshot.

Here's the relevant storage.cfg entry with the options I tried to no avail.

Code:
nfs: disks
    path /mnt/pve/disks
    server x.x.x.x
    export /disk
    options vers=3,timeo=7200,retrans=9999
    content images
    maxfiles 1

I'd like to be able to use snapshots, so if someone could let me know how to make this work, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 12
That would be ideal, but I don't think it's an option for my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate).

When I open nfsmgmt.msc, it looks like there's only a client available. See screenshot.

Attachments

• nfs.jpg
    nfs.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 4
Before I opted for the non-free HaneWin NFS server, I did try that cygwin method. I don't remember exactly how, but it failed to work properly, or maybe it didn't install right- either way it didn't work.

I guess I'll just settle for .raw disk images for now.

Thanks nevertheless for your input.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!