[SOLVED] The disk space cannot be released

fzk707439381

Dec 12, 2023
My disk space filled up very quickly each time, as shown in the figure below on the proxmox platform, but only 2.4TB was actually used when viewing disk usage in the virtual machine.
This is the third time this has happened, and each time it has only been possible to delete the machine rebuild.We have tried to find the method, such as in the disk Settings to check the discard option, use fstrim -av. But it still can't be solved.
1702348850419.png
1702348872219.png
1702348903966.png

After using fstrim -av,however, the platform still shows that 3.97T is full
1702348924352.png

Attachments

• 1702348812341.png
    1702348812341.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
Did you create any snapshots?
Is the LVM on top of a HW raid controller?

Last edited:
Did you create any snapshots?
Is the LVM on top of a HW raid controller?
1.I have deleted one of the previous snapshots, which is the same as a2 in October, but there is no change in the disk, and the "RAM" option is not checked in all my snapshots. a3 and a4 are the snapshots taken for disaster recovery in the last two days.

2.You mean raid array? No raid array is configured for the disk.

1702372621811.png

Not sure how LVM thin pools handle snapshots but at least with ZFS having a snapshot will prevent freeing up space of stuff that got deleted after the snapshot got taken.

Not sure how LVM thin pools handle snapshots but at least with ZFS having a snapshot will prevent freeing up space of stuff that got deleted after the snapshot got taken.
Thanks for your help.After deleting all the snapshots, there is a lot of space, and the snapshot deleted yesterday only takes up a small amount of space, so it does not have a significant effect.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!