Test Proxmox mail filter rules

vistaprogrammer

Jan 24, 2021
Dear All

hope this finds you very well

first really really thank you for this great product, i have three questions

1- are there any regular expression templates or examples you advise for the fields "from", "Subject","Body" ....etc i can configured in the mail filter rules , or PROXMOX spam database is enough?

2-are the factory defaults in Mail Filter rules enough or you can advise me with further good examples ?

3- how can i test my Proxmox settings against some supposed spam emails tests?can you advise me with some websites to test my settings on proxmox?

really appreciate your help

Last edited:
For us here the default setup runs more or less well - check out the getting started page in the wiki:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_started_with_Proxmox_Mail_Gateway

I would suggest you try with the settings shown there and keep an eye on your logs - for many setups this is already good enough to run productively

Should you still get too much spam through PMG - open a new thread and provide the relevant logs - then we can see what could be improved

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!