temporarily shutdown nfs storage, best practices?

m.ardito

Feb 17, 2010
Torino, Italy
Hi, I have two NAS, each serving both iSCSI and NFS to pve.

I have to upgrade the oldest, and this requires a few (very slow) reboots, and upgrade must be made in several steps, 2 minimum.

I already easily moved all RAW and qcow2 disks (live! thanks pve devs!), iso, template, backups to the other nas, and I'm sure nothing in pve or elsewhere is using resources on the nas that must be upgraded.

I fear that it would be better to remove the whole storage (nfs, lvm, iscsi) that points to the nas, because during the whole upgrade process pve coudl complain of something and/or lock in some ways.

Then, after the complete nas upgrade I will recreate all removed storage mounts In this case, can I backup storage.conf and then "simply" paste back relevant entries, instead of using web gui for that? is some service restart required then? there is any drawback doing so?

What you suggest in general to approach this operation?

Marco

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!