Temperature monitoring

chchia

Aug 18, 2020
Hi, i followed this guide, successfully added proxmox to monitor my host machine temperature.
https://blog.csdn.net/xiaobo060/article/details/105930003

do you think this can be implemented to proxmox officially? otherwise i need to manually add it again each time proxmox updated the related files.
1612962507027.png

i fully aware that using this method the user should know about how to find a proper sensors name that one need to be displayed on the webpage, it required user interaction, users need to find out the proper id name show in lm-sensors and i understood every CPU and MOBO may have all different naming.

can proxmox put this pre-built with user possibility to enter the variable by themself, so that the value of the temperature can be shown?

stilia.johny

Feb 9, 2021
Nice Find,

I would advise, before doing so to check if the `sensors` output is the same as the author suggests, otherwise, the javascript snippet won't work

I suppose equivalently you can add other info too

stilia.johny

Feb 9, 2021
can proxmox put this pre-built with user possibility to enter the variable by themself, so that the value of the temperature can be shown?
One of the issues might be that the output of the `sensors` command might not be consistent across hardware which would make the JavaScript code to fail, I suppose there is a nice area for development though

calc

Mar 11, 2021
For CPU temperature it shouldn't be too hard to automate since there are only a few cpu temperature drivers.

The code could just look under '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*/name' for one of the cpu temperature driver names and add the data.

/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/ # grep -F '' name temp* name:k10temp temp1_input:50500 temp1_label:Tctl temp2_input:50500 temp2_label:Tdie temp3_input:42000 temp3_label:Tccd1 temp4_input:39000 temp4_label:Tccd2

This would also be very easy to automate for hard drives, either via hddtemp or smartctl.

For nvme drives they can use '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*' to get the data same as for CPUs.

For other random sensors data it would likely be more complicated to add in an automated fashion but perhaps it could source input from something user provided eg 'sensors' output.

Last edited:

tifopve

Nov 27, 2022
hello will this work on proxmox version Virtual Environment 7.3-3 ...??? Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!