SuperDoctor5 on ProxMox VE v5.x: failed install

@fireon I did a quick install using Fedora 25 & following all the directions.
I typed "omd start mysite"

I got some errors:

Starting dedicated Apache for site proxmon...apache2: Syntax error on line 223 of /omd/sites/proxmon/etc/apache/apache.conf: Syntax error on line 2 of /omd/sites/proxmon/etc/apache/conf.d/02_fcgid.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/ into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/: cannot read file data: Is a directory
..........ERROR

So I can't start the site till I fix this error

Last edited:
How i do this...
add some LXC Ubuntu 16.04, then install the actually deb Packages 1.4.0b5. Then create the Monitoringserversite: "omd create <name>" then start your new site with "omd start <name>" after that you can login to check_mk, "http://yourhost/<name>" Login with omdadmin. No you an install the agent on Proxmox and add the Server to your Monitoring.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, I should not install Check_MK directly into the Proxmox host?
Only the "agent" should be installed in the Proxmox host.

For the Check_MK main install, can I use a Fedora VM instead of the LXC Ubuntu 16.04?

Since I don't have any LXC containers (my Proxmox install is not ready), I created a new Debian Stretch VM, installed Check_MK & I still have the same error message?

root@checkmk:/# omd start proxmon
Starting mkeventd...OK
Starting Livestatus Proxy-Daemon...OK
Starting rrdcached...OK
Starting Check_MK Micro Core...OK
Starting dedicated Apache for site proxmon...apache2: Syntax error on line 223 of /omd/sites/proxmon/etc/apache/apache.conf: Syntax error on line 2 of /omd/sites/proxmon/etc/apache/conf.d/02_fcgid.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/ into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/: cannot read file data: Is a directory
..........ERROR
Initializing Crontab...OK

Last edited:
ust to make sure I understand you correctly, I should not install Check_MK directly into the Proxmox host?
Only the "agent" should be installed in the Proxmox host.
Yes. Your error is strange, but i must say i've never tested it on debian. Should run on every OS that is supported from the Manufacturer's website. It test a new installation this day.

@fireon I re-installed Check_MK with CentOS 7.3 and now I am able to create a site.

I was not able to create a site when I installed using Debian Stretch or Fedora 25

Still don't understand why SuperDoctor5 will not install on Proxmox??
I've tested it a time a go on PVE. Spend a lot of time for that, but I never got it running. I think the software make not really sense. Maybe when you have only supermicro and when you will only monitor the servers. But i will monitor also switch, firewall, ... and with check_MK this is very easy. No big SuperDoctor on my Supermicro Servers ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!