Suggestions on dual spamassassin setup with milter reject

heutger

Famous Member
Apr 25, 2018
Fulda, Hessen, Germany
www.heutger.net
As written, I now run a dual spamassassin setup, once via pmg-smtp-filter, once via spamass-milter. Both use separate AWL and bayes databases. What's you suggestion? Should I copy and keep (e.g. hourly, daily, ...) copying the AWL and bayes from pmg-smtp-filter (seems to be the files in /root) to spamass-milter or should I symlink or anyhow combine both to write into the same AWL and bayes database? (I'm afraid doing so will damage the database reputations as all mails are seen twice, maybe spamassassin doesn't like that or score it the wrong way). Is it possible to copy the databases from /root/.spamassassin to /var/lib/spamass-milter/.spamassassin or are the databases anyhow "user-bound", so that I can't copy them?

Help welcome!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!