suggestion: Slave Proxmox Node

Andrew Hart

Dec 1, 2017
Is there any possibility for a light proxmox node that joins a cluster to just provide extra Ceph disk space ?

I have a proxmox cluster that I am very pleased with, but maybe I could expand its ceph storage with some storage nodes that are managed by the cluster.
(I can see that others might want to just expand VM room with VM nodes but that seems like a harder problem to me !?)
I expect that it would be the same proxmox but would mount the cluster file system read-only so that it slaved to the main part of the cluster (which would still have the 16 or 32 or so max. nodes limit).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!