[SOLVED] Sudden reboot of PVE

Vasilij Lebedinskij

Jan 30, 2016
Hello! I'm experiencing same sudden reboots of host after 5.4.44-2 update on my old Proliant ML150G6. I've tried to track down situation when it happens... I have 3 separate ZFS mirrors. 1st mirror (2 hdd) is rpool, 2nd mirror (2 intel nvme ssd) hosts PostgresSQL 12 server in Ubuntu 20 LXC, 3rd raid10 (4 Sata ssds) hosts 2 Windows VMs. Yesterday I've tried to start PostgreSQL reindex of ~50Gb database and PVE rebooted few minutes later, then I've tried to export database (not pg_dump) in Windows VM from application and PVE rebooted after it wrote about 10Gb file. I've found no kernel panic in syslog or any other errors just log of the boot... I've attached syslog. Reboot happened at 22-48 on 10-th july.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    763.7 KB · Views: 8
I have previously had problems with insufficient memory for ZFS which caused the same symptoms you describe. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but try to reduce the ARC size and see if that helps.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!