Sudden death to cluster?

finlaydag33k

Apr 16, 2015
Hii there,
Today, we had a little bit of maintenance on the power grid, so I turned off my small 3 node proxmox cluster.
after the maintenance was done, I booted up the cluster, and poof, the cluster was completely dead.
the cluster is still there (in some sort).

each of the nodes say the other nodes are offline, but for some kind of reason that is unknown to me, all of the nodes are able to work independently (although I can't change any configs, or make/move VMs).
and I get connection errors thrown at my face all the time, but atleast the core VMs that I need are alive...

can anyone guide me trough what to do next?
I think (even though I am a hobbyist with almost no clue what he is doing) that I have to resync the cluster keys.. but I don't know how.
anyone who has suggestions?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hii there,
Today, we had a little bit of maintenance on the power grid, so I turned off my small 3 node proxmox cluster.
after the maintenance was done, I booted up the cluster, and poof, the cluster was completely dead.
the cluster is still there (in some sort).

each of the nodes say the other nodes are offline, but for some kind of reason that is unknown to me, all of the nodes are able to work independently (although I can't change any configs, or make/move VMs).
and I get connection errors thrown at my face all the time, but atleast the core VMs that I need are alive...

can anyone guide me trough what to do next?
I think (even though I am a hobbyist with almost no clue what he is doing) that I have to resync the cluster keys.. but I don't know how.
anyone who has suggestions?

Cheers
Hi,
what is the output of
Code:
pvecm nodes
pvecm status
what happens if you restart pve-cluster? (if you have quorum).
Code:
service pve-cluster restart
on each node (one after one).

Do you have do any changes in hostname, networkconfig or in /etc/host before shutdown/restart?

Udo

Hi,
what is the output of
Code:
pvecm nodes
pvecm status
what happens if you restart pve-cluster? (if you have quorum).
Code:
service pve-cluster restart
on each node (one after one).

Do you have do any changes in hostname, networkconfig or in /etc/host before shutdown/restart?

Udo

restarting the pve-cluster service worked. quite odd that it didnt do that when I rebooted the server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!