Subscription type/cores for VM?

bferrell

Nov 16, 2018
So, it looks like PBS is not an add-on like the email gateway, correct? So, if I want to run PBS as a VM, do I buy only 1 core, or the number of cores I plan to allocate to the VM?

So, it looks like PBS is not an add-on like the email gateway, correct?
Proxmox Mail Gateway is a separate product. You can use it without Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE).

So, if I want to run PBS as a VM, do I buy only 1 core, or the number of cores I plan to allocate to the VM?
At the moment, Proxmox Backup Server is in public beta. No subscription options exists for it yet.

Note that for PMG
PMG subscription agreement said:
The subscription model is based on the number of servers including unlimited users and unlimited
domains.
and for PVE
PVE subscription agreement said:
The subscription model is based on the number of physical servers and their CPU sockets.

Consequently, neither Proxmox Mail Gateway nor Proxmox Virtual Environment subscriptions are based on the number of cores.

That's cool, I just want to be a good citizen and get my sub when available, it looks really great - and I'm looking forward to backing up the hosts as well. I don't use the mail gateway today, so I wasn't sure if PBS would be like that or like the base PVE. Keep up the good work.

Proxmox Mail Gateway is a separate product. You can use it without Proxmox Virtual Environment (PVE).

At the moment, Proxmox Backup Server is in public beta. No subscription options exists for it yet.

Note that for PMG

and for PVE

Consequently, neither Proxmox Mail Gateway nor Proxmox Virtual Environment subscriptions are based on the number of cores.
Hello Dominic, the subscriptions are still based on the number of socket/server or am I wrong ?
Thanks.

Hello Dominic, the subscriptions are still based on the number of socket/server or am I wrong ?
Thanks.

Check the subscription agreement of the product in question for full details (https://www.proxmox.com/)

For the Proxmox Backup Server, you will see subscription pricing together with the first stable release later this year.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!