subscription question

RRJ

Apr 14, 2010
Estonia, Tallinn
Hi,
Do I understand right, that if I have 2 CPUs I have to upload 2 keys? Or there should be some single special key for 2 CPU installations?

This is a great new if I understand correctly, but frankly is confusing me a lot!
If I have ONE motherboard with 2 sockets and I install there 2 CPU (one for each socket) I have 2 CPU -> 2 keys -> 2 x 49,90Euros/year?
Or, as seems from your above reply, for CPU you mean motherboard, so no matter how many sockets and CPU are installed?

This is a great new if I understand correctly, but frankly is confusing me a lot!
If I have ONE motherboard with 2 sockets and I install there 2 CPU (one for each socket) I have 2 CPU -> 2 keys -> 2 x 49,90Euros/year?

Yes. But you will get only one license key.

Or, as seems from your above reply, for CPU you mean motherboard, so no matter how many sockets and CPU are installed?

if you have a motherboard with 2 physical CPU´s, you need to buy this:
https://shop.maurer-it.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=13

its explained here, also with an expample:
http://www.proxmox.com/images/download/pve/agreements/Proxmox_VE-Subscription-Agreement_V2.5.pdf

but if I have MB with 2 sockets, but only one physical cpu installed? Still have to buy that single cpu licence or the second one? And what about upgrade? After upgrade I have to change the subscription? (So actually have to pay for 3 cpu: once for single and then for double)

but if I have MB with 2 sockets, but only one physical cpu installed? Still have to buy that single cpu licence or the second one? And what about upgrade? After upgrade I have to change the subscription? (So actually have to pay for 3 cpu: once for single and then for double)

Just contact our sales team I you ever get into such situation - I am sure they will find an acceptable solution.

If you have one CPU in your mainboard, you need the 1-CPU subscription. As soon as you have 2-CPU in your mainboard, you need the 2-CPU subscription. Its that simple and yes, the upgrade can be done anytime (you just pay the difference).

All this is explained on our subscription agreement, found on http://www.proxmox.com/proxmox-ve/pricing

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!