Strange syslog message (corosync 1491)

rafafell

Sep 24, 2016
Hello, we have a cluster of proxmox 5 with four nodes in unicast (IPv4) and the syslog of the four nodes is appreciating the following message:

... corosync[1491]: alert [TOTEM ] Invalid packet data
... corosync[1491]: [TOTEM ] Digest does not match
... corosync[1491]: [TOTEM ] Received message has invalid digest... ignoring.

there is a post with a similar problem: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/strange-syslog-message.38046/

But it did not help me much, I tried to do what is indicated there and not able to solve yet.

How could we solve this? Is it problem in the firewall configuration that I am doing wrong? or is it something else?

Does the number "1491" indicate the error?

Note: We had a cluster of proxmox 4 in unicast running normally.

best regards!

Hello @dietmar !

No, we only have one cluster on the same physical subnetwork.

We just did the cluster again. Now two nodes are ok and the other two keep the same message.

These machines formed a cluster with proxmox 4. In all we did the following: we installed debian 9 (before it was debian 8), we followed the procedures to put proxmox 5 and mount the cluster in unicast.

best regards!

No, we only have one cluster on the same physical subnetwork.

And this is a private network (as opposed to a provider network where other people run proxmox clusters)? Or maybe there is still one
of the old nodes alive?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!