Strange issues with the web interface

Furfx

Feb 24, 2017
Hello,

I just started using Proxmox and I have a very strange situation here.

My setup
I cannot post what could look like a link as I am a new member. Sorry if it is hard to read.

I have 2 nodes behind a router, on which I do some port forwarding, to access them from outside using my own domain name. So node1 would be accessible using domain:161 and node2 using domain:162, in https.
These nodes have my own SSL certificate, and it was working great until I put them in a new cluster.

I have created the cluster on node2 (more powerful hardware) and added node1 in it.
Since then I have the following issues :

Using the default SSL certificate
With Chrome
I cannot access the web interface by using the node_ip:8006. But I can access it if I add the server in my hosts file and use name_I_chose:8006. I cannot access it as well using the external domain:161

It have these errors in /var/log/daemon.log everytime I try to access the web interface :
Feb 24 22:07:05 node1 pveproxy[5777]: problem with client MY_IP; rsa_padding_check_pkcs1_type_1: block type is not 01
Feb 24 22:07:05 node1 pveproxy[5777]: Can't call method "timeout_reset" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTTPServer.pm line 227.

With Edge
Here everything works both internally and externally.

Using my own SSL certificate

Here it is way simplier, nothing works, with any browser and no error message in /var/log/daemon.log. It just says :
Feb 24 21:45:55 node1 systemd[1]: Starting PVE API Proxy Server...
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5578]: Using '/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem' as certificate for the web interface.
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5588]: starting server
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5588]: starting 3 worker(s)
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5588]: worker 5589 started
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5588]: worker 5590 started
Feb 24 21:45:57 node1 pveproxy[5588]: worker 5591 started

On the browsers I have a nice page saying "we can't reach this page - ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED".

Conclusion
So it looks like Chrome is not using the right padding scheme. But it was using the right one when the nodes were not in a cluster. And after the cluster was created, Proxmox does not handle other certificates correctly.

Did someone had or solved the same issue ?

Thank you a lot.

could you upgrade to the current version? this looks very much like a bug we fixed some time ago.

could you upgrade to the current version? this looks very much like a bug we fixed some time ago.

Hello,

So I reinstalled both nodes, set them up correctly and checked that absolutely everything was working and up to date before creating the cluster (and so I discovered the no-subscription repo).
I created the cluster the same way as before and now everything works :) I came accross the error "401 - No ticket" for some time but solved it.

Just a small question/remark :
For the future relases of the ISO image, could you put the GPG key and the no-subscription repo (commented with the explanation of what it is) in the sources.list ?
I am testing Proxmox without subscription right now, and I din't find it obvious to have to go to the wiki to find and add the repo/key I need.

For everything else, keep going this is an awesome product :)

Hello,

So I reinstalled both nodes, set them up correctly and checked that absolutely everything was working and up to date before creating the cluster (and so I discovered the no-subscription repo).
I created the cluster the same way as before and now everything works :) I came accross the error "401 - No ticket" for some time but solved it.

Just a small question/remark :
For the future relases of the ISO image, could you put the GPG key and the no-subscription repo (commented with the explanation of what it is) in the sources.list ?
I am testing Proxmox without subscription right now, and I din't find it obvious to have to go to the wiki to find and add the repo/key I need.

For everything else, keep going this is an awesome product :)

the keys (for 4.x and 5.x) get installed as part of the "proxmox-ve" meta package (into "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/"), so switching repos should work just by adapting your sources.list entries.

hello good day we cannot access our web gui but we can start our vm using qm start vm number .
how can we fix our web gui so we can back up our vm server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!