Storage Empty When Adding Drive

dosmage

Nov 30, 2016
Hello, I'm trying out Proxmox and I've attached a test machine to an iSCSI NAS. There are 62 LUNs. When I go to add a drive to a test virtual machine I click on storage and the "loading" animation is displayed but after a short amount of time it disappears and the storage box is empty. I don't even see the local storage as an option.

I worked through an issue with multipath not stitching together all the paths properly but I discovered the`multipath -r` command fixed the mappings. I now see all 62 entries in a `multipath -ll`. I continued to to have the issue so I found another forum post that suggested running `pvesm list <storage_name>`. The output of that command shows all the LUNs as well.

Perhaps I don't know what to search for but I haven't been able to find a similar forum post about this problem. I'd expect I can manually edit the virtual machine configuration and it would work but the web interface doesn't seem to display the LUNs.

Here is a screenshot. I'm also including the output of a command.

root@proxmox:/var/log# pvesm list iscsi-target | wc -l

Attachments

• blade07   Proxmox Virtual Environment.png
    blade07 Proxmox Virtual Environment.png
    31 KB · Views: 7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!