Statistics do not make sense

adam.sage

Feb 8, 2019
The statistics pages on the web interface do make sense to me. Some users that have received emails do not show up at all, and others that do show up do not, I'm assuming, have the correct amount of emails sent/received. For yesterday the statistics page reports 2771 emails incoming total but the receivers stats only add up to 587. How are the Sender and Receiver totals calculated?

did you enable the 'advanced statistics filter' ? if yes, you do not see every user in the sender/receiver tab

Yes, it looks like I did enable that. What does it do? the help file doesn't explain very much about it.

Yes, it looks like I did enable that. What does it do? the help file doesn't explain very much about it.

Feel free to provide a good text, I wasn't able to do so yet. So this setting is for performing a validity check on the recipients as they also send mails through PMG. The settings name does not give this hint, but it's also a bit hard to explain. For anyone using inbound as well as outbound scanning it won't show up anytime, but it result then in better results of recipient listing as "spam tested addresses" which don't exist are out of the statistics as well as maybe lower and uppercase will be combined to just one case, the "real" case as been used outbound.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!