Split SSD

Sven2020

Dec 20, 2020
Hi i’m new add proxmox. I have a nuci5 with a 500 gb ssd disk and will install proxmox on the ssd disk. But how can i set that i use 100 gb of that disk for the proxmox and the rest for vm storage?

If you use the proxmox installer ISO image it will do that for you by default.
Its less than 100gb for pve itself but that shouldn't bother you I guess ;)

If you use the proxmox installer ISO image it will do that for you by default.
Its less than 100gb for pve itself but that shouldn't bother you I guess ;)
That is amzing thanks for the quick answe! i watched some videos on youtube and thought some said it couldn't be thought it strange hah. Less is certainly not a problem haha. I want to install it with a usb boot then it just works, right?

Do yourself a favour and don't install on a USB thumb drive.
I had a lot (and I mean a lot!) Of trouble doing that.

I think we have talked about different things

If you want to install FROM a USB stick as installer media that is of course possible.

My advice was that you should not install TO a USB stick and use that as a boot drive.

Hope that's clear now :)

If you want to install FROM a USB stick as installer media that is of course possible.

My advice was that you should not install TO a USB stick and use that as a boot drive.

Ahah yes is clear! I will make a bout able usb and set proxmox on my ssd 500 gb and the rest of the ssd I use for vm’s...?..

I hope you can Help me further I set up proxmox. I see my local-lvm disk. Can I make new storage where I can storage my home assistant disk?. Now the disk are under local-lvm but I will the disk only under home assistant. Is that possible?C17A40A2-AC52-4CEF-B700-59A9E159F01D.jpeg

Attachments

• 926036F4-3B22-4AC2-86B3-1EC2CE680562.jpeg
    926036F4-3B22-4AC2-86B3-1EC2CE680562.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
Why do you want to create additional storage. Just use what pve has created for you ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!