SPICE in PVE: Help with error, please

maaboo

Jan 25, 2016
Setup:
  • PVE 5.1-36 on a homelab server
  • Windows 10 as Guest VM (SPICE Guest Tools 0.141 installed)
  • VirtViewer 6.0 on a desktop (Windows 10 10.0.14393 Build 14393).
  • VM's video is set to QXL and cold restarted.
Issue: When I download .vv file and open it, it says: Cannot determine connection type from URI.

I tried to find such error but no luck. Proxmox wiki doesn't contain any clues. Could you give me some directions?

you just need to open the *.vv file with the remote viewer.

works perfectly here, maybe you got a firewall involved somewhere?

I use firewall on a desktop but remote-viewer.exe is allowed as well as virt-viewer.exe. Anyway, disabling firewall completely doesn't solve the problem.

spiceproxy process is listening on 3128

As staff member, could you tell if it will be sufficient to capture and analyze traffic's payload with only this port number? Or there could be some other processes/ports involved?

Solved. Problem was vvf-file contained non-ASCII symbols. Is there an option to tell PVE generate file name based on pattern?

Please add [SOLVED] to the title!

Last edited:
Hi maaboo, can you please describe how you fixed the non-ASCII symbols for vvf file?
I am not able to connect with Windows under Remote Viewer...

thanks

Hi maaboo, can you please describe how you fixed the non-ASCII symbols for vvf file?
I am not able to connect with Windows under Remote Viewer...

thanks
You only need to rename file like "Без названия.vv" to 1.vv and it is work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!