some openvz from somewhere else than turnkey

Hi vigilian,

We have no issue with competition but if one of our (i.e. TurnKey's) images is broken, please let us know ASAP so we can fix it. We may even already have a workaround! If it's a support type issue then please use our forums. If it's clearly a bug then please create a new issue on our issue tracker (on GitHub).

Also FWIW seeing as you have Proxmox it's actually pretty easy to build your own images using our build engine (called TKLDev) - although it doesn't run in a container (yet) so you'll need to install it from ISO to a VM. If it complies with out requirements (mostly just that it uses open source software only) then we are happy to look at adding it to the official library. If you definitely want it added to the library, then please either post on the forums or open an issue on the tracker regarding your planned appliance so that we can discuss it and make sure that it can be added.

Also I note that you are referring to "OpenVZ". The current TurnKey templates (v14.0 - v14.1 to be released any day now) are only available in PVE v4.x (as LXC containers). We did test them under OpenVZ (in Proxmox v3.x) and they worked but we didn't test them exhaustively.

Regards,
Jeremy

In order to use the newer TKL LXC templates in OpenVZ / PVE 3.x, are there any changes that need to be made to appliance info file inside the template? Please provide the openvz release file also with the lxc replaced with openvz. To prevent error on pveam update, till then, we need to comment out the TKL repo in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APLinfo.pm file.

@JedMeister Of course I know I can report you the bugs, and I'm doing it actually under boistordu login. But for example you had a problem with rotrrent server with the 14.0 which is okey now with 14.1 but it would be nice to have multiple source to deploy rapidly and not debugging for several days :)
By the way I can't see the mineos release in the list of proxmox, it's very annoying. Is there other things like mineos?
I know it's not a template fo course but it would be nice to have it. And maybe oither things than minecraft for game servers, maybe the most current games like cs etc.
I know I can do a tempalte by myself but I'm not comfortable enough with the system atm to do that.
thanks
best regards

Reactions: fraksken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!