[SOLVED] Windows Server 2003 R2 bluescreen when install virtio

gbr

May 13, 2012
Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 R2 Server (32 bit) I moved from XenServer to KVM. I had booting issues (bluescreens) related to Dynamic Disks. I managed to boot by converting the /dev/sda Dynamic disk to a Basic disk. I still have two (/dev/sdb /dev/sdc) Dyanic disks that don't show up when the system boots.

I tried to install the virtio drivers, to see if they would see the Dynamic disks. I'm using version 1.65 from the Fedora Project. As soon as I install them, Windows bluescreens with 0x0000007f and dumps memory. The drivers never actually install.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any possible tactics I can take?

Gerald

Last edited:
Re: Windows Server 2003 R2 bluescreen when install virtio

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try the -49 drivers.

I did try the search function, obviously. My searches didn't bring up that particular thread. I searched for bluescreen and 0x0000007f, the thread only mentions oxo7f (lower case letter o, not zero), so the thread didn't pop up.

Gerald

Re: Windows Server 2003 R2 bluescreen when install virtio

Toms solution worked for me. I still don't have Dynamic disks working, and the virtio driver doesn't understand Microsoft Dynamic disks either.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!