[SOLVED] trouble with 2 lans

T

teloris

hi,

i have a server running proxmox 2.2 with 2 lan cards
my scenario is set eth0 (vmbr0) using public ip (accessible from internet) and eth1 (vmbr1) for local network

i have set static public IP to vmbr0 (bridged to eth0) and i can ping to internet (google.com etc) from server
and for the local network vmbr1 (bridged to eth1), i set dhcp since my local network has a DHCP server

the problem is
i can access to my server from local network (both web & ssh) but i can't access web or ssh from public IP
my web browser says "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"
i've got reply when i ping vmbr0 IP (public) from internet so i believe that my server is running

i have disable my (client) firewall and also check that apache & openssh status is running (i can access from local netwok)

any body knows what's going on here ?

looking forward for your responses

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: trouble with 2 lan

teloris, check the default gateway. I think, you have a problem with routing.

thanks for your reply caban

i've done some investigation and i can access my proxmox's web from public network (eth0) whenever i disable my local network (eth1)
but when i enable eth1, i can't access my proxmox's web from eth0 (i can access from local network / eth1 only)

any clue ?

thanks for your reply caban

i've done some investigation and i can access my proxmox's web from public network (eth0) whenever i disable my local network (eth1)
but when i enable eth1, i can't access my proxmox's web from eth0 (i can access from local network / eth1 only)

any clue ?
Hi,
like caban wrote, i assume that your dhcp-entry on vmbr1 adds a new default-gateway.
Use for vmbr1 also an static ip and no gateway-entry and all should work. If you need additional routes von vmbr1 use something like
Code:
post-up /sbin/ip route add ip.of.net.0/NM via ip.of.gat.way
Udo

hi udo,

thanks for your advice

i have remove gateway from vmbr1 as you said and everything works great!!

thanks for your advice

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!