[SOLVED] SSH connection on Proxmox host suddenly slow

svendsen

Renowned Member
Apr 18, 2012
Hi Guys,

For exactly a week ago, I started to have some issues with my Proxmox host.

Suddenly SSH connection to the host was slow. It can take up to 30 secs before login. When logged in, everything runs ok.
I have a few webservers running inside KVM. Suddenly they also got problem connecting with MySQL from server to server.

Have you seen such behavior before?

I have googled it, and found that the issue might be hostname lookup. If I do deactivate hostname lookup inside sshd_config and my.cnf, then I can connect speedy Again - but isn't it weird that this issue suddenly appeared?
I have never deactivated hostname lookup in any environment - even though we are talking internal servers with internal host names (no DNS). But haven't had the issue before a week ago.

Hope you have some hints :)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!