Solved : Proxmox 4.2-2 hangup during work

fintnovo

Renowned Member
Jan 4, 2014
Good day.

My Proxmox 4.2-2 hangup during work and write in console input/output error. It seems to me that problem with memory or hdd. I've checked several times memory with memtest and my intel ssd under windows with intel ssd toolbox. No errors, no fails. Free space on SSD and reserved SATA HDD (for backups) enough.
Then I've checked temperature of CPU (with lm-sensors) and HDD (with smartctl). Temperature is ok ( 35 - HDD, 45 CPU).
Is any idea what to check else? What logs to check?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

please update to the latest PVE 4 version.

Just update, but the same result. Proxmox hangup. And addition info: during restore operation proxmox hang up. WEB Interface didn't answer (connection error). Also unable to connect to proxmox via ssh. BUT ping to PVE is OK and the guest machine (VM) is still working, and available. I'm in perplexity...

Thanks to all, I fix the problem. My intel ssd is the reason :(. Intel ssd toolbox didn't find any errors, but when I replace SSD with other device PVE stoped hanging-up.

May be there is a firmware update what fix this behavior.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!