[solved] - Move vm from venet to veth

Sep 19, 2013
Hi,I recently changed my hosting provider for another.My previous one was allowing venet but the new one requires veth (with ip failover).I have tried to move my vm to the new server ; I can restore the VM, change the network card with a veth one but the vm doesn't seems to have any NIC anymore :when I ask for an "ifconfig" with the command
Code:
etc/vz/conf# vzctl exec 102 ifconfig
, I only see the lo interface.I have followed the following tuto : http://help.ovh.ie/BridgeClient that actually works with new CT.Do I have to add manually the network card ? How ?Many thanks for your help.Michaël

Last edited:
Re: Move vm from venet to veth

Do I have to add manually the network card ? How ?

yes, like for qemu virtual machine, with veth in openvz, you need to defined network card,ip address,... inside the container.

like /etc/network/interfaces in a debian container for example.

Re: Move vm from venet to veth

Hi,Thank you for your answer.In case of someone else having the same problem ; my network interface didn't have the same name (Eth0) as defined inside the vm (eth0)... the "E" was the whole difference.Issue solved !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!