[SOLVED] cannot use ceph after joining cluster if already installed

kifeo

Oct 28, 2019
Hi Team!

I reconfigured a server from scratch.
Then installed the ceph package but did cancel the configuration after the install, so it could use the setup of the already configured setup.
Then made it join the cluster.

now I cannot configure it with the GUI, and have the got timeout (500)' error on the GUI for this server.

I suppose this is a bug, and would like to have a workaround and then a fix :)

Thanks !

now I cannot configure it with the GUI, and have the got timeout (500)' error on the GUI for this server.
I suppose pveceph init (missing symlink) should do it.

Thank Alwin, however this did not work.
I also wanted to remove all ceph* packages to start over, but then it wanted to remove proxmox-ve and everything :(

Last edited:
The symlink is /etc/ceph/ceph.conf -> /etc/pve/ceph.conf. And obviously the network needs to be configured correctly as well.

root@proxmox2:~# ls -la /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Nov 19 15:13 /etc/ceph/ceph.conf -> /etc/pve/ceph.conf

Thanks for mentionning the network, it was in the same network before, it needs to be allowed in :
TCP 6800:7100 for OSD
TCP 6789
TCP 3300 for monitor

This is working now
Thanks again Alwin !

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!