[solved]Cannot change mysql password for owncloud

J

jimmycypherz

Hello

I recently installed the own cloud container and i cannot change the mysql password no matter what i try. I've searched the forum and tried all the solutions i've found with no luck.

I tried restarting the server, deleting the container, recreating it again always getting the same result.
After a few hours i gave up and installed myphpadmin and thought about using the default password, and cannot login with the default password. I get a 1045 error and tells me i cannot login to MYSQL.
What am i doing wrong?

Here's a screenshot of the error.
screenshot20120901at820.png

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cannot change mysql password for owncloud

Check the root username if is really root. Maybe is something else which is good for security reasons i guess.
Owncloud also uses sqlite database.

Where did you get this owncloud template?

Hi snowman66

Yes, it shows the user is root at the .my.cnf file
See below
screenshot20120901at103.png

I downloaded the own cloud template from here, the password there is the randomized one created at first boot up.
I have even tried pasting the password when i get prompted for the password and i still get the same error.
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/OwnCloud

Thanks,

Jimmy

Try to reconfigure mysql server:

Code:
dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.1

You Sir, are a lifesaver. That did it.
All is good now:D

Thanks snowman66

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!