Sockets and Cores

GarthK

Feb 7, 2009
Running 1.5 24 and I see the option to select Sockets and Cores when building a KVM VM. I have a dual Quad Core box so would it be better to select two sockets with one core each or one socket with two cores? This would be for Ubuntu 8.04 server.

Thanx,
Garth

Running 1.5 24 and I see the option to select Sockets and Cores when building a KVM VM. I have a dual Quad Core box so would it be better to select two sockets with one core each or one socket with two cores? This would be for Ubuntu 8.04 server.

Thanx,
Garth
Hi,
it's makes no different. It's intresting for some programs, which are licenses to cpus but not for cores. This is better on proxmox like on vmware - there you can only spend cpus not cores.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!