Smart Array P440ar

NetRock

Renowned Member
Apr 23, 2015
Hi ....
Can someone help me, please, to find the drivers for "Smart Array P440ar" to install Proxmox 4.0. The installer can not find the the hard drive in either UEFI or Legacy mode. I am really stuck....
Your Quick Prompts highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
At this point, I am trying to install Proxmox without any raids. Just SATA AHCI support would be good to go. After setting the BIOS to AHCI support the hard drive is not found. It is in either mode UEFI or Legacy. It seems the driver for the storage controller is missing.

P440ar is true hw-raid controller, and can not be used as dummy HBA, with just some simple sata-ports. Does not even support JBOD.

So the only way installer can "see" your drives attached to P440ar is if you create array. If you do not want to use hw-raid, attach drives to on-board ports, or get some HBA.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!