Site to site VPn for proxmox ?

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by AlexLup, Sep 14, 2018.

1. AlexLup

AlexLup Member

I am expanding now and wonder if anyone has tested site-to-site ? There is an URL that uses tinc but I keep reading about bad speeds.

So am wondering if anyone practices this? I have a wireguard vpn that maxes out my WANs but cannot for the life of me get multicast to work for now..

2. t.lamprecht

t.lamprecht Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Wireguard uses IP based routing, so for multicast the easiest could be having 0.0.0.0/0 as AllowedIPs, but that means full tunneling, and doing it on both sides effectively shuts you off from wan.
    So you'd need to put corosync and the WG interface in a network namespace, never tried not sure how easy that'd be and if it works at all :)

If you do not have a lot of nodes you could try unicast? Latency better be <2ms (ideally) to at least <5ms, if it's >10ms you get into the territory where it's highly unlikely to even work at all, or if to have a lot and often hiccups and problems, but that constraint applies either way, unicast or multicast.

3. AlexLup

AlexLup Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer! I will try tinc and OVPN as well, just wanted to chck if anyone is running multi-site vpn + proxmox that might give me some gotchas! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice