Shutting down?

kobuki

Renowned Member
Dec 30, 2008
Sorry if it has been discussed before, but I can't find a definite answer for the simple task of bringing down a cluster safely. Suppose I have a cluster with 4 nodes: 2 is in a HA configuration using DRBD, working fencing devices and config, and 2 other nodes for various purposes. All I want is to safely power down all the nodes in the cluster, without triggering fencing, automatic relocation of VMs by failover migration, etc. By hand, or by automation/scripting started by eg. an UPS monitoring software.

How to do it?

if you "Stop" on a HA VM by pressing "stop" on the gui it will do a clean shutdown and also disables the HA functionality.

to enable again: just start.

Thanks, yes, I know that. I think need to clarify this a bit: I want to shut down the whole cluster safely, via a script. For example when a power outage causes the UPS send alerts and all the nodes need to be shut down cleanly, or we need to replace the PDU, or anything forcing us to switch off everything quickly.

Edit: I just noticed Dietmar's post. Thanks, I'll study clusvcadm.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!