Shutdown -R now command no longer works

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
This is something strange I noticed. It will tell you the system is going down for reboot but never actually boot. Is this due to fencing?

This is something strange I noticed. It will tell you the system is going down for reboot but never actually boot. Is this due to fencing?

It is impossible to answer such question without any information about your system. Do you run a HA cluster?

Yes we do.

4 nodes, 1 san + NFS file share and 1 dedicated NFS file share.

I actually tried to buy the professional support but never heard back ... we're testing out the system and happy to pay to work with you guys

We emailed office with no reply. Dietmar can we talk?

Also is there anyway to overcome and force reboot?

We emailed office with no reply. Dietmar can we talk?

If you want commercial support, go to the online shop an buy (quite simple).

Also is there anyway to overcome and force reboot?

fence the node (or use the power button). In future, make sure you do not loose quorum - this is important for HA.

Will send an email to office again now.

Thank you again - we seem to have most of it working (I have fencing on now - just waiting for a faulty IPMI card to be replaced)

Could this be an issue? Seems like multicast on the server is not working even though we have IP Multicast Active set on the switch side

root@PL-C-001:/etc/pve# asmping 224.0.2.1 10.10.1.152
asmping joined (S,G) = (*,224.0.2.234)
pinging 10.10.1.152 from 10.10.1.150
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=1 dist=0 time=0.296 ms
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=2 dist=0 time=0.219 ms
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=3 dist=0 time=0.238 ms
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=4 dist=0 time=0.190 ms
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=5 dist=0 time=0.192 ms
unicast from 10.10.1.152, seq=6 dist=0 time=0.187 ms

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!