show legit emails in statistics (webinterface and email)

IEM

Sep 4, 2018
Austria
the statistics-page of the webinterface gives me information on

• INCOMING
    • Total Incoming Mails
    • Junk Mails
    • Greylisted Mails
    • Spam Mails
    • SPF rejects
    • Bounces
    • Virus Mails
  • OUTGOING
    • Total Outgoing Mails
    • Bounces
    • Virus Mails

practically the same information is sent in the daily "status reports".
would it be possible to also include legit (accepted/delivered) emails in this statistics, both for incoming and outgoing?

in theory, one can of course calculate the number of delivered emails by subtracting all filtered emails from the total number of mails.
there's two problems with that:
  • it's tedious. the math is obviously not complex, but i don't see a reason why i should subtract two numbers in the range of several thousands in my head, when i'm sitting in front of a computer (whose bread and butter it is to compute)
  • it doesn't make for nice graphs (in the webinterface)
also, the documentation is very silent about the statistics. especially, it doesn't say which sub-categories are included in the "Junk Mails" value.
obviously, "Junk Mails" is some meta-category, otherwise the numbers won't add up (e.g. this morning i find that there are 550 incoming mails, with 483 junk mails and 277 spam mails; given that 483+277 > 550, i figure that the "spam mails" must be included in the "junk mails")
but is "junk mails" it a sum of greylisted, spam, spf-rejects, bounces and virus mails? or are greylisted and and bounces excluded?

so: how can i show the total number of accepted emails in the statistics (and also get this number in the daily status report)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!