Should container bind mounts contain mount flags?

luison

Renowned Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spain
alsur.es
I was rather (very) unsuccessful with my last query regarding mount options con container (http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/12728-Improving-mount-parameters-how-to) so I'll try again with a related question.

I am trying to improve mount options in general on our system. We heavily use bind mounts to share certain dirs to containers and mount cache, tmp and others of those containers to quicker separated filesystems on the host. I have been completely unsuccessful in finding out documentation regarding if those bind mounts require specific files when created on those containers.

This is... if the host filesystem mounted on /dir1 contains flags like "noatime,data=writeback,barrier=0,nobh,errors=remount-ro" and I want to bind mount /dir1/dir2 to a containerXX, do I need to include those again (if they don't vary) on the bind mount at containerXX.mount file? Are those as I assume, fully controlled by the host and no need to add anything? Any harm in setting them up again otherwise?

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!