Shared storage - different IP Addresses

eswood

Apr 12, 2011
Hey Folks,

We have recently installed a disk array behind two hosts that are in a pvecluster. There are dedicated 10GigE interfaces directly connecting each Proxmox host to the storage array. Since they are dedicated interfaces, the IP address of the storage array is different for the two Proxmox hosts. I can manually nfs mount the storage with no trouble, but any attempts to configure them using the Proxmox gui fail on the slave host. Additionally, using qmrestore from the slave fails.

I have tried using host names, rather than IP Addresses in the configuration and lisiting them in the /etc/hosts file. Still, the pve slave is looking for the storage array at the IP address that the master thinks it resides at.

I have it all up and running by having done the following, but I am hoping there is a more elegant way to address it.
- add the ip addresses of the nfs server to the /etc/hosts file
- manually add the listing t /etc/storage.cfg on the master node
- run "pveca -s" on the slave node
- manually run the mount command on the slave node and master node, using host names

Although this worked, is there a "correct" way to configure this? Thanks in advance tor any feedback.

Regards,
eswood

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!