ServeRAID M5110

Not sure if it's the same problem I'm suffering (x3360 M3 -same RAID controller, I guess).
No way to install proxmox, neither from CD nor downloading the kernel and packages over debian Squeeze (no way to install lenny, my raid is not supported).
Any help is welcome!

Not sure if it's the same problem I'm suffering (x3360 M3 -same RAID controller, I guess).
No way to install proxmox, neither from CD nor downloading the kernel and packages over debian Squeeze (no way to install lenny, my raid is not supported).
Any help is welcome!

I am pretty sure you don't have the same raid controller.

Never heard of a x3360, are you sure its not a x3200 M3 with a x3360 CPU?

I don't have any experience with that controller specifically, but by the looks it is a rebranded LSI 9265-8i (see: http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/MegaRAIDSAS9265-8i.aspx).
Looking into the readme of the latest LSI driver V5.3 for Debian lenny, it reads that support for that card has just been added.
So what you could try is to install on top of Debian squeeze. If the card is not supported by the vanilla distribution,
install from LSI source, see here: http://kb.lsi.com/ExportPDF16672.aspx
Then install Proxmox on top of that.

I am pretty sure you don't have the same raid controller.

Never heard of a x3360, are you sure its not a x3200 M3 with a x3360 CPU?

My mistake, it's a x3630 M3, and well, the same controller.

I've dowloaded the driver an I'll try once more.

IBM makes my life much easier if I use vmware, but well, I'd prefer to use proxmox!, let's see.

I am using an M5110 on an x3650 M4 with no problems:

root@pve01:~# dmesg|grep M5110
scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:0:1:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:0:2:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:2:0:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:2:1:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
scsi 0:2:2:0: Direct-Access IBM ServeRAID M5110e 3.19 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
root@pve01:~# uname -a
Linux pve01 2.6.32-13-pve #1 SMP Mon Jul 9 08:39:20 CEST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Yep just setup my brand new M4's today. Install is going well. Appreciate the input!!

Hi. Can you please share anything you can to help me? I have the same hardware and cannot seem to find the drivers or any method of getting the RAID recognised in the installer. The driver link above seems to link to a blank 2-page PDF. Many thanks in advance.

I am having the same trouble with a new IBM x3650 M4. Debian Squeeze install CD doesn't detect RAID but Ubuntu Install CD does. I am a complete newbie and cannot understand why Ubuntu shows it as (with lspci)
LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt] (rev03)
but Debian Squeeze shows it as:
RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS TB (rev 03)

Any help installing the drivers into the Debian Installer so I can get the same results as the last two people? I've never done this before so any help is greatly appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!