Separate noteworthy notifications

promoxer

Apr 21, 2023
Hi,

Referring to https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-notifications.html

1. My PVE is configured to send out notifications
2. However, it all lands on the same channel and I don't see a way to separate by severity
3. e.g. I have disk failures and backup success emails at the same recipient
4. 1 needs (almost immediate) follow up action while the other is just "something that should happen has happened"
5. What would be good if there was an easy way to accurately differentiate between the 2... is there?

Hey,
you can filter by severity by editing the matcher rules. For that go to Datacenter > Notifications > Notification Matchers select your matcher and modify. In the tab Match Rules you can add a new rule and set Node type to Match Severity. The dropdown at Severities to match is a multiple choice, so just select the ones you need

Ah, the revamped notification system was introduced in 8.1. Before that, your best option is to only notify on failure, which is an option in the backup job editing dialog.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!