Separate Cluster Network Wiki "bindnet0_addr" command

SwampRabbit

Dec 4, 2015
Hello and thank you in advance for any assistance.

I am attempting to set up a 2 node cluster in an offline test environment and seem to be running into an issue with the command to create the cluster in the Separate Cluster Network Wiki page.

I am using two freshly installed nodes, running PVE 4, kernel 4.2.2-1, pve-cluster 4.0-22.

When I run the command:
pvecm create proxcluster -bindnet0_addr 10.10.10.251 -ring0_addr one-corosync

I get the following output:
Unknown option: bindnet0_addr
Unknown option: ring0_addr
400 unable to parse option

I believe I am following the wiki page to a T, have separate NICs connected to a simple dumb switch, hosts and interfaces files seem good.

I understand I have an older version of pve-cluster as the wiki states:
Since version 4.0-23 of the pve-cluster package we have built in support for creating the cluster with separate corosync ring(s) on own networks. If you're running a earlier version please update your system first.

Is this what is causing this?
I assume I should manually update this package and I should be good to go?

Last edited:
Dietmar, thank you for your reply.

I am attempting to set up a 2 node cluster in an offline test environment

Unfortunately, I cannot use apt-get as explained in my first post. I must run the hosts in the cluster offline.

I can and have used dpkg to update a few packages and tested different kernels by downloading them straight from the repository.

The error output I get when I run the command is because pve-cluster is an older version as mentioned in the wiki?

I see a new install ISO has come out since I downloaded it, so I may give that a try in the mean time.

Update:

I have reinstalled both nodes with the Proxmox VE 4.1 released 11 December 2015.

The pvecm create proxcluster -bindnet0_addr 10.10.10.251 -ring0_addr one-corosync command works now but there seems to be a problem creating the cluster and it fails to start corosync.

When I get some time, I will create a separate post.

I am getting the same error on Proxmox 6.0.4

I tried with single - and double -- option

pvecm create live-03 -bindnet0_addr 10.30.10.11 -ring0_addr 10.30.10.11 -bindnet1_addr 10.30.11.11 -ring1_addr 10.30.11.11
pvecm create live-03 --bindnet0_addr 10.30.10.11 --ring0_addr 10.30.10.11 --bindnet1_addr 10.30.11.11 --ring1_addr 10.30.11.11

Unknown option: bindnet0_addr
Unknown option: ring0_addr
Unknown option: bindnet1_addr
Unknown option: ring1_addr
400 unable to parse option

Thanks.
P.

please update the guide for seperation of the clusternetwork and express that this is only till version 6

the reference documentation on https://pve.proxmox.com is always is always linked to the latest version.

but you can always get the documentation of the current installation via https://your-ip:8006/pve-docs/index.html

if you have 5.4 installed, you see the docs of 5.4, if you have 6.0 installed, you will see the docs of 6.0.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!