Run server backup job

macklus

Nov 2, 2010
Hi all:

I defined a backup job who runs via cron, but i dont know how can i run this job manually (from proxmox web interface)

is this possible ?

thanks in advance

Click on a VM and jump to the tab "Backup", there you can create backups right away.

I think I opened a feature request in bugzilla a few weeks ago for the same feature already. Cannot find it currently.

I've had a talk with the Team, it's technical impossible to implement this atm.

But you have a Backup button on each node/vm.

4real? Please think of a way how to solve this.
The backup button does not solve this if one has a lot instances.

The button could, e.g. change the execution time for the job temporarily so it runs again. Right after it then changes the cron time back.
Or the button allows selection of existing jobs which it then executes.
I can think of some other approaches.

I mean, the system runs those jobs at the configured time. So why is it impossible to work with that?

"Technically impossible" for this seems weird. The jobs are schedule based, so please explain to us why it's technically impossible?

Please don't just drop this.
If the current vzdump code does not allow such thing it might need refactoring. :-/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!